Valuation and Division of Pension Rights as part of a Divorce Settlement
Actuaries for Lawyers offers expert advice in the settlement of the pensions aspects of divorce settlements. This may take the form of:
- Analysis and explanation of how each pension operates
- Independent valuation of pension rights for divorce purposes
- Valuation of pension rights for offsetting purposes.
- How can the capital value of husband’s and wife’s pensions be equalized?
- How can the parties’ pension incomes be equalized in retirement?
- Comparison of pension sharing and pension attachment with worked examples of the effect of both methods on retirement incomes
- How can settlement terms be adjusted to exclude pensions accrued outside the period of marriage?