We currently have the following vacancy in our West Yorkshire team based in Wetherby, West Yorkshire.
This full-time position involves being responsible for pensions administration and providing services in this area as part of a small team of pension analysts and pension actuaries.
The primary role in this position will involve managing client files to ensure that all the required data has been obtained to enable pension calculations to be performed and report writing to commence on the case in question. Communication with clients, monitoring deadlines and meeting/managing client expectations are a key part of this role. The role will additionally include dealing with new business enquiries and providing quotations for new work. The role may also involve one-off pension projects from time to time as required.
It is essential that the holder of this position has very strong organisational skills and is able to efficiently manage competing priorities in relation to the work that they are required to carry out. This is one of the key aspects of the job.
The position requires a high level of numeracy, accuracy and attention to detail in work carried out and preference will be given to candidates who can demonstrate competence in this area.
The position requires the holder to be an excellent communicator with good written English skills and to have highly professional attitude towards their work.
It is also important that the holder can work well in a small team, providing support and assistance to colleagues as required.
Whilst support will be provided by other team members, the successful candidate, once trained, will be expected to be able to work unsupervised. They also need to be highly motivated and driven to deliver results.
The postholder's responsibilities will be as follows:
1. Main responsibilities:
- Managing client files and performing data collection work as required. This will involve written and verbal communication with insurance companies, pension schemes, firms of solicitors and individual clients
- Analysis of pensions information provided to identify what the requirements are, what information has been provided to date and what is still outstanding.
- Monitoring deadlines and meeting/managing client expectations
- Working closely with other team members to ensure that cases are progressed efficiently and to a high standard
- Responding to new business enquiries and preparing quotation letters in relation to new business
- Performing other tasks that might reasonably be expected to be carried out by someone in this position
2. General Professional Responsibility
- Maintain a highly professional approach to work at all times
- Ensure that all work carried out in this position is of the highest quality to meet the high expectations that our clients demand
- Communicate clearly and effectively with clients, third parties and other team members
- Maintain a high standard of confidentiality and data protection in all aspects of client work carried out
- Be able to work under own initiative setting personal goals to achieve targets as well as meeting the targets and deadlines required of the business.
- Work efficiently as a key member of a small team to enable the business to achieve its targets
- Critically analyse own performance through self assessment as well as through written and verbal feedback given by others
The successful applicant will need to have a high level of numeracy, accuracy and attention to detail in work carried out. The individual will need to be able to present evidence of strong organisational skills, be a confident communicator on the telephone, possess strong written English skills, be hard working, highly self motivated and be able to efficiently manage competing priorities in relation to the work they are required to carry out. They will further need to be able to demonstrate the highest levels of integrity and confidentiality when dealing with personal data.
Skills and experience
- Must be confident in using simple Excel spreadsheets and Microsoft Word is essential.
- At least one year’s experience of working in a pensions area is ideal. Consideration will however be given to candidates with one year’s Financial Services work experience
- Educated to degree level (2:2 or higher). Degrees in Business, Mathematics, Economics, Finance or Law are preferred. Graduates from other disciplines will however be considered
- Must have achieved grade C or above in Maths and English Language at GCSE level or equivalent
- Ability to work well in a small team
Hours and salary
Full-time - 40 hours per week
£19,000 to £22,000 per annum based upon experience.
How to apply
Please send your CV together with a covering letter or email stating why you would like to be considered for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications may alternatively be sent by post to Mr R Pritchard, Actuaries for Lawyers, 24 Victoria Street, Wetherby LS22 6RE.
11 September 2018